Thursday, March 20, 2008

One Down

X marches on with a 73-61 win. The game was much closer than the final score would indicate. We won this one from the line (obviously) and I heard the announcers say we were 18th in the country as a team in that regard. Derrick Brown had another great first round game and Josh Duncan is a big reason we won. I heard numerous times how he has 'guard skill set' and 'a matchup nightmare'. Lavender looked like his old self, aside from getting his pocket picked by Gaines, and that bodes well for the next game. I let out a Ric Flair 'wooooo' when Jackson hit the three to put us up 52-49. It's great to see him contribute. Sean shortened up the rotation for this one and I can't wait to see who we play next. My preference would be Baylor but the staff would be very familiar with the Boilermaker personnel as we lost a lot of recruiting battles to them. I love the poise the guys displayed in the second half. Duncan made some great plays (saving the ball from going out of bounds at the end is classic) and Burrell did a nice job playing defense.

No comments: