Thursday, April 9, 2009

Horn in town today

Multiple media outlets reported Darrin Horn was in town today interviewing for Xavier's head coaching position. Again I think Darrin would be a great choice but I remain excited about Chris Mack as well.

I also have read that Doug Wojick (head coach at Tulsa) may be getting an interview. Gary Waters from Cleveland State is another name that keeps surfacing from guys like Jeff Goodman from FoxSports. I am not that big of fan of Wojick but I wouldn't mind Waters.

Whoever is ultimately hired will be stepping into a nice situation and to a job that is going to pay them well. Basketball is king at Xavier. The players, staff, and administration are supported accordingly. Bobinski will not speak on any candidates other than internal ones. I imagine he will interview another person tomorrow and make a decision sometime this weekend and an offer will be made to whom he decides is the best fit.

No comments: