Monday, May 12, 2008

Bearcat Recruiting update

I generally leave the recruiting scene stuff to Deck but I have been needing a UC B-ball fix so I set off to dig up some off-season news. Also Deck keeps getting on me about being a total slacker and not posting. So fix needed, motivation DigiDeck style supplied, off I went and the results are pouring in. 

I should start off by saying that the following tidbits are in no particular order of importance, just the order in which I scribbled my notes.

Last weekends visitor Bobby Maze signed with Tennessee after they told him he was "the solution". Hmmmmmm... I wonder what they told Scotty Hopson.

Danny McElroy has reopened his recruiting after seeing to much comp at forward. I think maybe He's been told he wouldn't be starting as a freshman.


Mfon Udofia   PG Georgia - Still has UC high on his list. The #36 overall player in 09 according to Scout.com has been lights out in AAU. Besides being one of the best Points in his class signing him could earn the Cats a long hard look from this guy.


 AAU teammate Ari Stewart#16 Overall in the country. How awesome would that be?


For 2010 The cats have offered Adreian Payne out Dayton. And for 2011 Cincinnati's own Aiken High School's Chane Behanan is already on Micks radar. 



1 comment:

Deck said...

Scout.com lists several point guards UC is pursuing but Mfon is not on that list. Johnnie Lacy from Milwaukee, WI at 5-10 160 is being looked at by the 'Cats as well as Marquette, Miami-FL, and Wisconsin. Also Shannon Givens from the Academy of the New Church in Pennsylvania is a reported target with LaSalle, Drexel, Temple, Seton Hall and Stanford taking a look. He is a sub six footer also and more of a combo. They also have Brandon Reed listed out of Atlanta, GA. He is 6-2 175 and already holds offers from LSU, Nebraska, Toledo, and Vanderbilt. I believe UC has only one scholarship for next season but rosters are always fluid. Besides the point guards mentioned above they are keeping tabs on a number of power forward types.

I am curious as to when we get an update on the Alvin Mitchell situation because that would open a need for a wing type player for them. Currently on the lists I have seen the only player the Muskies and 'Cats both are after or show interest in is Brian Oliver. The reality is the scenarios change daily and prudent coaches rarely advertise their true feelings on all their recruits.