Thursday, July 9, 2009

Derrick Brown, ect.

Derrick Brown has reportedly signed a two year guaranteed contract with Charlotte. No terms were disclosed. I say good for him. Show the world what you can do. I saw that DB and Josh Duncan are both playing summer league ball together for the Jazz's team. Charlotte does not field a summer league team. I heard mention that their 'summer league' team actually plays during the winter. Take it for what it's worth.

Mike Dyer from the Cincinnati Enquirer had a story up on Griffin McKenzie from Moeller picking up offers from XU, UC, Wake and Tennessee to go along with a litany of mid major offers. I know most schools were in a "wait and see" mode with Griffin and obviously a few liked what they saw at the adidas Take 5ive classic at UC early this week. He is a face up "4" but also has shown a willingness to get in the paint and do the dirty work. I know he attended a team camp at XU last year but not sure of his current level of interest in the Muskies. Both area schools have had their share of prospects come out of Moeller: Xavier with Duncan and Byron Larkin, UC with Bobby Brannen. Should be an interesting recruitment to follow.

Jordan Crawford is still getting all kinds of 'shine' off his dunk. I don't even want to see it now. It would never do the hype justice. Proud as can be for Jordan; it was great to hear "Jordan Crawford, Xavier sophomore" on the sport talk shows yesterday over and over. I would like to think the fotogs signed a waiver before filming at the camp that stated the film was property of Nike. IF NOT then I have real issues with what went down. Not that it matters what my issues are. For the record Lebron is the ONLY player I would pay to see in a NBA game.

No comments: