Sunday, June 8, 2008

NBA draft/finals 2008 notes

With no bearcat news to speak of I thought I would offer a few bits on the Finals and the upcoming NBA draft. 

I watched game one of the finals the other night and all I could think of was how for me, its just not the same as college ball. Don't get me wrong it was a pretty good game. I guess the pro style just isn't for me. 

This whole Paul Pierce thing was completely blown out of proportion on BOTH sides of the discussion. He hurt his knee. Aftera couple minutes they realized it wasn't bad. He came back in the game. Did it really warrant all that drama and attention?

Derek Fischer is underrated

Ray Allen is overrated

On to the draft.

Seven of the top Ten players listed in the top 100 on nbadraft.net are Freshman. The other three are Sophmores. 

I know that isn't really news to anyone but maybe this is.

Nine of the last ten on the list are Seniors. the other bottom dweller? A Junior.

Is it really worth having the one and done Freshmen classes? Were the ratings better for the Tourney this past season?

I was definitely one to tune into a game just to see Rose, Beasley, Or Gordon. 

Man I can't wait until November. 

No comments: