Friday, September 5, 2008

Update 9/5

It has been awhile since I posted here so I thought I would give a couple quick updates:

-Chris Braswell (ranked #84 in Rivals) is a power forward from Maryland who will be on campus with Kevin Parrom next weekend. I feel there is a commitment to be had by both. Ari Stewart is leaning more towards Oregon and I am sure Ernie Kent will have him talk to Churchill Odia while he is on their campus.

-Drew Lavender and Anthony Myles (after an All Star season in China Pro League) will be teaming up for Hyeres Toulon Var Basket of the French Pro A League this season. Duncan plays for Elan Bearnais Pau-Orthez with former Oklahoma State player JamesOn Curry and Justin Doellman will be playing another season for Besancon Basket Comte Doubs. You have to love the names of these teams. And it is good to see some former Muskies making good coin at the pro game. Stan will be playing in Bosnia and Romain will be joining the Italian team he helped win the championship with in the Premier EuroLeague. I have heard coach Miller said Romain can make far more money playing across the pond than he could being the 13th man on some NBA roster.

-The schedule needs to be applauded in my mind. We should have some bumps early on with our young guards but by the time conference play rolls around I feel we should be hitting on all cylinders.

-Adrion Graves did end up transferring to Bowling Green. He reportedly also had offers from Toledo and Detroit Mercy.

No comments: